Friday, February 29, 2008

A long two weeks comes to an end

Kat and I are back at home after our fortnight at the Red Roof Inn. While having cable was nice, I wouldn't recommend such an adventure to anyone. It was not much fun.

It did make us appreciate our apartment even more - especially now with new kitchen cabinets, new appliances, redone bathrooms and a new water heater. For those who have already visited, you'll have to return since it is like a brand new home. For those that haven't visited, well you can pretend all of this never happened.

Here is a photo of Kat (eyes tastefully closed) in the new "kitch." A bank of cabinets were taken out, so it seems bigger now, so we think now it might be a "kitche." Somehow we were able to force every in the old cabinets into the new cabinets.



(Sidenote: I'm sure this is far from riveting, but my therapist told me the best way to cleanse the mind after my time in the gulag was to speak about my new great digs.)

One other story about the last two weeks occurred yesterday while Kat and I were waiting to get back in. Because we had to check out of the hotel at 11 a.m. but couldn't get into the apartment until 5:30 p.m., we spent the day with fully-loaded cars and dogs with no place to call home. Now normally, since I live far from the law school, I never see my classmates except at school. However, as is just my luck, at the moment that Kat and I had two dogs, two loaded cars and two Whoppers we were tearing into like prisoners because we hadn't eaten in like 15 hours (we pretty much ran out of food and we're trying to last until we got back home), a classmate pulled up (in a Lexus SUV, I might add). I'm pretty sure that he may have thought I was homeless before based on how I look at school (unshaven and wearing T-shirts all the time), but now I know for certain he thinks I'm homeless. At that particular time, he wasn't wrong.

Anyway, some other problems were fixed in the apartment as well and it's great to be back. The dogs seem very happy (especially Lucy who recently had surgery on her girl parts (I respect her privacy) and seems in much better condition). Lucy doesn't like her new food, but I hope she will come around.

(Again, riveting I know. I'm sure you want more, but I have to cut it off here).

In basketball-news, the Suns haven't looked too fantastic with the addition of the Big Cactus. Maybe that will improve, but I can't say I am particularly optimistic. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.

In Suns fandom news, I secured some new basketball shoes after nearly two years with my previous pair (immortalized in this blog post), and I went with some Converse that celebrate the orange of the Suns. To me, nothing says commitment to fundamental basketball and teamwork like orange patent leather shoes. In my first pickup game with the new Dreamsicles, I was making it rain, so I'm thinking they're good so far.



Shalom.

4 comments:

TammyK said...

It does look bigger! How does the guest bathroom look? I very nearly bought Kat some cute soap today and had I realized the bathroom was getting all done up, I probably would have.
Hmmm ... do you think I could sell Chris on a $90 orange lamp at Pottery Barn by telling him its "Suns orange?" Or does that only work with basketball shoes?

jgautrea said...

The guest bathroom is very nice. It has the same counters and cabinets as the kitchen, and the new dark tile is pretty nice, too. There are lots of cute soaps from visits to Anthropologie, but Kat is always collecting more. I think anything has a better chance of being purchased if it is Suns orange, but that's just my philosophy. This is actually the second time I've had orange and white shoes. Back in the day I had the original Allen Iverson signature Reebok shoe "The Question" in bright orange. For those who are interested, I believe "The Question" was "Are we really talkin' bout practice?"

keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
keith said...

This is Pacman Jones's attorney. Please cease and desist use of the phrase "Making it rain" without the express written consent of, or the promise of strippers to, my client. Thank you.