Thursday, February 7, 2008

We'll just have to wait and see

You're a huge Suns fan. You're always blogging about them even though anyone who has ever seen this blog has asked for less Suns and more anything else. Thus, you have to have an opinion on the Diesel coming to the desert, right?

Sorry. Can't help you. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Initially, I felt good about it - I think because everyone was trashing the idea. But over time, as some people have come around - I've started going the other way. And ultimately, I don't know.

So my feelings were summed up well by Mr. Abbott at TrueHoop here. We'll just have to wait and see. I don't think "being motivated" can breathe life into a corpse, but if Shaq is actually more than a corpse, than maybe some good things will happen.

The Suns have been repeatedly criticized for not being able to play slowdown ball in the playoffs, and when Kerr pushed in his chips for the ultimate slowdown center he's getting bashed for turning his back on exciting basketball. But the Suns had exciting basketball for three years and little to show for it but regular season wins. I don't know if this gambit will work, but I applaud Kerr and D'Antoni for rolling the dice. I didn't see this season turning out any differently. Now, I definitely do. The only problem is first-round exit is a real possibility in addition to championship. But it should be exciting, and I think that is why we watch.

Quick NBA thoughts on my mind:

Kobe Bryant is always becoming more and more like MJ (manner of talking to the press, greatness, tutelage under Phil Jackson, the raised fist after hitting a game winner ((I love doing that one during pickup games)) and we can add one more eerie similarity: horrific, horrible, terrible, incompetent GM. All it took was Kobe calling for Kupchak to "ship Bynum's ass out" and he turned into the spawn of Elgin Baylor and a condor. And despite Kobe's complaints, Kupchak has shown himself to be likely the best GM out there. MJ, hmm, not so much. But I love me some Gerald Wallace highlights.

I think Jason Kidd to the Mavericks still needs to and will happen. For whatever reason, the Western Conference must always be far superior to the East, and that final addition would seem to be required to ensure Western dominance.

KG is hurt. KG is important. You know this.

The JeffKat Palace will soon be remodeled, so we will be decamping to the Red Roof Inn (near Interstate 10 for handy access for smugglers!) for two weeks. While this is quite an inconvenience, I will have cable. That means I might actually watch some NBA games. Think of all the blogging I can do then! Anyway, I'll have to let you know how that experiment goes.

Lastly, I was thrilled to find out this news. I love FireJoeMorgan and have the shirt to prove it, so I was quite pleased to find out that Michael Schur was the main brain behind the operation. It tied together two things I much enjoy: The Office and making fun of Woody Paige.

And lastly, to Lloyd if he is reading, I've decided to try to hate less and congratulate more. Although I do still find this funny nearly every time it's updated.

No comments: