Saturday, February 11, 2012

100th Post

As the title indicates, this is my 100th post on the Tucsonic Boom. Considering that I have lived in both Phoenix and Prescott since I left Tucson, I guess this is not surprising. I've been trying to come up with a new name for the blog, but since it's already here I've just stuck with it.

Kat and Ada are in North Carolina, so I am here at home on dog duty. It's pretty calm, but I do miss Ada's brand of chaos. Even though she is not here, I present this photo series that explains a lot about us.

We are pretty similar and enjoy many of the same things. Our favorite pastime is watching NBA highlights, as we are doing here.


We both regularly have awkward moments. Also, we are often too intense. This leads to ridiculous facial expressions.


But ultimately, we do like to be together. Ada will even listen to me tell her about my job ...

... for about five minutes, after which she is almost fatally bored and it is time to hang out with Kat. Or sleep. Or crawl around and make sounds.

Ada has become a very good sleeper and likes to do it quite regularly. We actually got rid of her swing (the Ada Swings cam name doesn't really make sense anymore), but we gave it to some person with an infant on the way. Although Ada had many great hours in the swing, it was not sad to see it go. Apparently, I don't have the Rinne gene (I guess it's recessive) that prohibits giving away items related to children or youth. I'll remember the swing, but it's better off with someone who will use it. Ada has grown so big that she would destroy it if she kept using it, so it was time to move on.

Not much else to report. I recently finished reading The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. It's an excellent novel and highly recommended for anyone, whether you like baseball or not. I have started 11/22/63, the latest Stephen King book, which is supposed to be quite good.

Ada's not yet reading books (although she eats them regularly!), however, she definitely is interested in popular culture. In this final photo of cuteness, she is already showing her interest by going through our DVD and CD bins and laughing at our terrible sense of taste.

Ugh! Is that a Bright Eyes CD? Are we children? I mean, I am, but what's your excuse?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to mention that I have truly loved surfing around
your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing in your
feed and I am hoping you write once more soon!

Also visit my web blog: diet plans that work