Saturday, January 21, 2012

Almost Crawling/Still Cute

Ada and I are hanging out together this morning while Kat is at yoga. I get a chance to see what Ada is like when I'm not around. The answer is quite similar to what she's like when I am around. She is very good at playing quietly with her toys and she does not get into too much mischief. She is an excellent sleeper and a pretty adventurous eater.

I realize how boring that prior paragraph was but some people actually think such information is interesting. I will never understand some people.

What is interesting is that Ada is becoming a little bit more person-like. She has not crawled yet because all she wants to do is walk. You have to crawl before you can walk, but I think for her it may be "You can just roll around for a long time until you can walk." I was wondering if she is not crawling because the only two people she gets to hang out with (a real sad state of affairs for her!) never crawl and always walk. I have been trying to demonstrate crawling as an example, but it's not fun and hurts my knees. Ada may have the same opinion, and thus I fully understand her aversion to crawling.

There is not much news other than Ada news, so I don't have much to report. I don't have any funny cases I've run across, but I did like the name of this case: In re TMI Litigation, 199 F.3d 158 (3d Cir. 1999). Although I am still new to being attorney, I've come to quickly realize that all litigation is TMI litigation.

Kat bought a new desk, which we are going to attempt to assemble today. It's not from IKEA, but I think it has even more parts than furniture from IKEA. I will be cursing an Allen Wrench at some point today, that much is clear.

I've been enjoying the photos of Chlomaline. (Although remember, it's important to talk to your doctor before beginning Chlomaline!)

Ada is now hitting my chair, so I guess this means that this particular post is over. Sorry for the Christmas letter quality of this post. My topics for discussion are limited by ethics rules, ennui, and extremely boring information. I do the best I can.

What I'm Reading: The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
What I'm Watching: Downton Abbey Season Two and NFL Football -- two great tastes that taste great together
What I'm Listening To: The Decemberists "The King is Dead"

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Our little one does something resembling swimming that I think must be her early attempts at crawling. She does see other babies crawl at daycare, so she has an example.

Ada is adorable as ever.

Anonymous said...

You must give the somepeople what they want and even more of it!!! Crawling stimulates both sides of the brain, so you must suffer the pain and show her how.
gpaG