Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nerd Helmets Engage!



(That is normally the type of expression Kat has on her face any time that I am involved in what we are doing. It perfectly encapsulates what it is like to live with me on a daily basis)

Kat and I returned to our former bicycling ways today with our first ride with our new bicycles. It was a lot of fun, and I’m glad that I only dragged my feet for a few months before getting my bicycle.

We went about eight miles along the Grand Canal from our house to Tempe for a round trip ride of sixteen miles. We wanted to go all the way to Papago Park, but we didn’t quite make it. But it was a lot of fun.

Here was the route.

Not a whole lot else is going on. But I do have a bicycle and a helmet and a light and a bike lock, so I hope to do some more bicycling. It also means that we are actually using the garage for something because it is where we keep our bicycles.

We already have a route planned for next weekend. If it does not deliver more interesting tidbits than this week, I probably won't blog about it.

1 comment:

Terry G. said...

Holy Schnikes!!!! 16 miles is a long way to go for fun!!!! Don't let this biking thing replace BB or SB or VB or tennis. I know it's great for conditioning; my burning lungs and thigh fires attest to that, BUT, better Steve Nash now and Lance Armstrong later, when baby C-G can ride on the back!!! Did you know that all of the roads in NE are uphill!!! So there is no coasting in the Good Life, although the Husker FBers have tried it against bad teams lately.
I need a light for my bike since it gets darker sooner(or as Yogi said, "it gets later earlier here" or something like that), but in NE we say, "Helmets, we don't need no stinking helmets". At least I don't think it's the law here!!??!!
Enjoy the cycling.