Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reunited

I'm back at home today after a few days in Nebraska. I enjoyed my ten-year reunion and seeing some of my friends. Kat got sort of sick at the end of the trip (I think she can only take so much Nebraska before undergoing a physical reaction), and now I am sick today. However, I didn't have a whole lot to do today anyway, so taking it easy is good.

One of the last times I was in Nebraska I stole someone's car. This time I stole my mother's car keys. However, I have mailed them back to her.

Kat's dad got here yesterday after many days on the road and is preparing for the next part of his motorcycle trip.

Here are a smattering of photos from the trip to Nebraska.

This bar was serious about outlawing horseplay. I stood ramrod straight the whole evening out of fear that I would break the shuffleboard table. Thankfully, nothing was damaged. (I was pretending to take a photo of Kat while really wanting to get a look at the signs. Thus, I got half of her)

An action shot at the bar.

Keith and Shaleah in their home. They did a C-Section while I was visiting but I slept through it. (The C-Section wasn't on me, obvs, but I thought it was impressive nonetheless.)

A sad photo from the past. At any high school reunion, yearbooks will get passed around. I thought this photo was noteworthy because of the melancholy on Keith's face but also the supermodel good looks. Rowrr!

The Elite Eight. My tallness, as usual, obscures someone else. Still, quite an impressive group. This was eight of our original seventeen-person graduating class.

When speaking on behalf of our graduating class, I pulled no punches. The elderly and my mother (which are kind of the same thing) withstood the brunt of my verbal attack. It was pretty nerve-wracking but also fun.

Kat, as usual, doing her best to stay sane during a visit to Nebraska.

I enjoyed the trip and seeing my family, some of whom complained about the frequency of my blogging. I'll try to do better this summer, but I'll have to see if anything interesting - that I can talk about - happens to me.

3 comments:

Jonesy said...

I thought maybe the half-Kat photo was to highlight the earrings -- which are very cute. It was so great of you guys to make it out to BB and put up with the barn and other similar activities. We are lame, but we still hope you come back some day.

Jeffrey Gautreaux said...

We enjoyed the visit to BB and will definitely return. We don't mind lameness - in fact, we live it every day.

Terry G. said...

Living in day in paradise is never lame-- it's why we ARE the great life!!! Blog soon(and KAT too); we need updates on everything. I am in BB this weekend loving the doggies!!!
In NE every meal's a banquet and every day is payday--and we live longer cuz we CAN!!!