Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer of Jeffrey comes to an end

As I type this it is my final day of non-law school freedom. I'm both excited and mortified about getting started. I've had a good summer and appreciate Kat for allowing me to live the life of the idle rich at least for awhile.

All the preparations have been made for law school - tuition paid for, laptop bought, books purchased, loans in arrears, fingernails nonexistent, fears in overdrive. I busted out my old laptop today as sort of a bridge to when I was last in school. I played some of my old mp3s (sadly trapped on the antiquated machine because it crashes if I try to use the disk drive), played a few games of Minesweeper and thought about what I liked about school in the first place.

I've written in this space and others about this matter for quite some time, and I think everyone is quite bored with it. It appears that it is time for me to put up or shut up. I'll let you know which way it goes.

2 comments:

shirley said...

Dear Jeffrey, Best of luck on your new endeavor. I know that you will be successful. I will be praying for you. MOM

Terry G. said...

Great summer of jeffrey post;glad you are tanned, rested and ready for the UA--how hard can it be? they're just lawyers for goodness sake;not real scholars like you!!!! You will be great and I just wish I could be alive when you go SCOTUS!!!
DAD